Disclaimer:

Disclaimer: While I am a paid undergraduate researcher for Texas Tech University, the opinions expressed on this blog are my own. The statements on this blog are not endorsements of views of Texas Tech University, The Honors College of Texas Tech University, or the math department of Texas Tech University, or any other department or campus organization of Texas Tech University.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I am suspending using my twitter account

I have a twitter account for posting some blog posts and following comments, and the occasional straw poll (not for official use but for more of a feel).  I posted two polls tonight about who won the debate, one with  just Pence and Kaine and another with Pence, Kaine and no one (to provide another option).  This poll began to attract negative and unfair comments from anonymous accounts that have no relation to the poll itself.  At time the posting the poll showed 96% and 97% for Pence.  I believe that this is because numerous accounts with words that suggested strong political views.  I am not deleting the account but I am no longer using it to post, because I don't think anything beneficial can come of it.  If you want to see my account for reference my handle is @balexanderstat .  I am turning off comments on this post.   I am attaching screenshots of some of the posts for record. This not mean that I will let this stop the work I am doing. I will just stick to this blog.