Disclaimer:

Disclaimer: While I am a paid undergraduate researcher for Texas Tech University, the opinions expressed on this blog are my own. The statements on this blog are not endorsements of views of Texas Tech University, The Honors College of Texas Tech University, or the math department of Texas Tech University, or any other department or campus organization of Texas Tech University.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Update 1 week after the "Trump Tape"/Wikileaks

If I learned one thing from this election it would be to expect the unexpected. Last friday, the wikileaks dump and "Trump Tape" generated a lot of buzz on the histories of both candidates.  The recent exodus of certain republican leaders from endorsing Trump is creating buzz on write in  and 3rd party candidates.    An interesting poll from Utah emerged with 26-26 tie with Trump and Clinton , with 23% going to an independent candidate, Evan Mcmullin, and 22% undecided.  FiveThirtyEight posted an article here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/ about an unlikely but possible chance of an Evan Mcmullin becoming president. I don’t know what will happen with Johnson because there aren’t a lot of polls yet post the 2nd debate.  Because of the volatile nature of the polls in Utah and Arizona, in the past few states, I am going to reclassify them as “swing states” so I can track them better. It is very possible Trump may still win in Utah and Arizona but things could change in the next couple of weeks.  Arizona hasn’t had a post debate poll but we should see one come out early next week.  On Sunday or Monday I will post an update on the Swing states, which now includes Arizona and Utah.

Update on my schedule/plan for my projection. My final election call will be separated into three posts: Red States(11/4), Blue States(11/4), and Swing States(11/5).  

No comments:

Post a Comment