Disclaimer:

Disclaimer: While I am a paid undergraduate researcher for Texas Tech University, the opinions expressed on this blog are my own. The statements on this blog are not endorsements of views of Texas Tech University, The Honors College of Texas Tech University, or the math department of Texas Tech University, or any other department or campus organization of Texas Tech University.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Undercard Debate review

I worked on homework during the undercard debate so I didn't live tweet it but the main stage I will.
Overall I think Carly Fiorina showed her strength. she most likely won't make it past March 1, but she is a very powerful voice for any candidate to have. I don't quite understand what Jim Gilmore was doing there because he isn't very popular.  My predictions for the undercard candidates future is as follows: (Not always backed by solid math)
Carly Fiorina will probably go up a little but not enough to receive any delegates.
Jim Gilmore might break 1% (maybe 2%)  in Iowa on Caucus Day in the first ballot votes.
Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum's stunt on going to the Trump Rally might actually help them and take votes away from Ted Cruz.

I know this is being posted like 45 minutes from showtime but my debate predictions are:

Ted Cruz becomes the new Donald Trump in terms of attacks and bold statements at the debate.
All the the candidates walk a fine line between pointing out that Trump betrayed the party and pretending he doesn't exist.

My Iowa prediction should come out before 7PM CST on Saturday but probably Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment